Game engine libraries are the place to go on the Internet if you are thinking of developing Mobile games. There are numerous sites available on the internet for you to use. They are available on platforms such as iTunes and the Android Play store. The number and types of games available is mind-boggling. The games run the spectrum from complex to user friendly for the less ardent gamer. Some of the games have creative story lines, while others are straightforward.
Creating the games is the biggest challenge to the game developer because there is a multitude of steps involved. Each step of game creation can add to the total expense of the game so therein lies the challenger for the game developer. The selling price of the game has to be reasonable for the gamer but profitable for the creator. So the question that begs to be answered is how the creator can keep the expense low enough to be profitable.
Below are some engines that may work for you.
Impact JS which is considered one of the best game engines. Impact JS helps you create games with highly complex graphics for the hyper focused gamer. Impact JS is not free to use but the game creation results may make it well worth the cost to you.
The second most popular Java script engine library is Crafty JS. Crafty JS is an engine which works well for games that are smaller in scope. If you are attempting to create a complex game Crafty is not the engine for you, but you can produce smaller games that may be available to more people from a playing and cost perspective.
Playcraft: Playcraft is an engine that can help you build your video game. The engine gives you many options to help make your game ready for the market. The drawback to Playcraft is that they do not allow you to see any examples of the types of games their engine has helped to design.
Game Engine Highlights –
– Sprite() – Onscreen, movable, scalable objects
– Game states – Separate sections of your game for better organized code
– SpriteSheet() and Animation() – Load spritesheets and animate frames
– Assets – Jaws will preload all your images before the game starts
– Documented code and explained examples
• Objected Oriented: all items displayed are objects
• Multiplatform: runs in iOS, Android, Mac, Windows browsers
• Windows 8: supports development for Windows 8 interactive HTML5
• Event-driven: based on asynchronous processing via event listeners
• Animation Engine: allows the use of standard animation such as tweens
• Hybrid Drawing: supports drawing with both the Canvas API and the DOM
• WebGL Support: supports 3D games using WebGL with a plugin
• Content Library: includes a royalty-free image library for use in your games
traffic cone is 2D and 2.5D tile based game engine, its client side written in HTML5.
• Easily configurable sprite animations
• Simple to set up tile based worlds
• Mock-3D math for layering, depth and positioning is handled for you via Traffic Cone’s world models.
• Basic Isometric pathfinding, AI and collision detection
• Custom draw routines on sprites supported.
• Granular control of sprite sequencing supported for more dramatic animations
• Intelligent draw logic only draws modified parts of your canvas for better frame rates.
FlashJS is one of the great graphics and game development engine API, This This library allows to develop HTML5 games and applications in the way that is similar to ordinary AS3 development. Support Browsers like Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
MelonJs is fresh and lightweight free library help to develop 2D based games. It has multiple great features like – compatible with every browser ( Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE), multiple audio channel support, tween effects, transition effects and more.
Turbulenz, this is open source HTML5 game engine for developing games with HTML5 SDK that contains everything a developers needs to rapidly get their project going, polished and deployed.
CanvasEngine gives you all the means to easily create a game in HTML5 Canvas. A simple API with a structure thought the games.
This is HTML5 game engine.